My first post for Bitch Media as the incoming and inaugural Music Editor could only ever be this one. I’m proud to present this week’s playlist, inspired by this gem of a political sign, outlining my agenda while I hold this position. Except it’s not just an agenda, friends. IT’S A VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE*. Special thanks to everyone who replied to my Facebook post asking for “favorite songs about killing men” with no questions asked. I only got one frowny face and one confused dude in the nearly 50 respondents.
*Arguably worth pointing out that I don’t have actually killing men on my agenda.
- White Boy - Bikini Kill
- Gunpowder & Lead - Miranda Lambert
- Daddy Lessons – Beyoncé
- Que Se Jodan – Ivy Queen
- Caleb Meyer – Gillian Welch
- He Had It Comin’ – Queen Latifah, Macy Gray, Lil Kim
- Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had It Coming) – Ella Fitzgerald with Louis Jordan
- Boys Who Rape (Should All Be Destroyed) – Raveonettes
- Two Black Cadillacs – Carrie Underwood
- Dead Men Don’t Rape – 7 Year Bitch
- Frankie and Johnny – Sara Tidwell Black
- Man Down – Rihanna
- Kill All Assholes – PWR BTTM