TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- Michelle Obama announces the Global Girls Alliance, an organization to fund girls education groups across the world.
- Ryan Coogler is confirmed to write and direct Black Panther 2, and we’re here for it. [Variety]
- The Human Rights Campaign celebrates 30th anniversary of National Coming Out Day. [HRC]
- White women, stop waiting for Black women to save you. [Huffpost]
- The creator of the Shitty Media Men list is being sued by…wait for it…a shitty media man. [Jezebel]
- Violence prevention experts say that transgender rights laws don’t “endanger [cis] women.” On November 6th, Massachusetts voters will decide whether or not current anti-discrimination laws will stay in place. [The Boston Globe]
- Georgia aims to suppress Black voters, putting 53,000 voter registrations on hold. [Vox]
Want to get this roundup in your inbox, Monday through Friday? Join The Rage for $5 a month and we’ll see you via email tomorrow morning.
YESTERDAY FROM BITCH
- The Parent Trap: Birth-Control Sabotage Is an Insidious Kind of Abuse | On SNL, cast member Pete Davidson joked about switching his fiancée Ariana Grande’s birth control pills with Tic Tacs to force her to stay with him. Yikes. [Caroline Reilly]
- Backtalk: What Are We Supposed to Do Now? | In the wake of the Supreme Court confirmation for Brett Kavanaugh, Amy and Dahlia discuss who gets to display emotions and what it tells us about where our feelings belong. [Amy Lam]