TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- When Republican-appointed judges occupy the bench, Black people get longer sentences. [Blavity]
- “When our students are afraid of institutions meant to protect them, it further contributes to injustice.” [Remezcla]
- The social shaming of racists is working. [The Nation]
- On the declining U.S. birth rate and the social and economic punishment of mothers. [The Huffington Post]
- West Point posthumously admitted Parkland student Peter Wang, who died saving his classmates. [NBC News]
Get this weekday roundup in your inbox.