TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- The way we talk about Roma’s Yalitza Aparicio matters. [Vox]
- “I survived R. Kelly, again and again.” [New York Times]
- United Methodist Church votes to uphold ban on same-sex marriage and gay clergy. [The Washington Post]
- American anxiety is on the rise, and Trump is partly to blame. [The New Republic]
- From Fyre Festival to Daniel Mallory, why are we so fascinated by scammers? [The Cut]
Want to get this roundup in your inbox, Monday through Friday? Join The Rage for $5 a month and we’ll see you via email tomorrow morning.
Members of The Rage get exclusive content, including Bitch magazine in print. Membership starts at just $5 a month and helps support Bitch’s critical feminist analysis.
YESTERDAY FROM BITCH
- When Faking It Is a Form of Self-Protection | For every op-ed lamenting the “death of the chase,” there’s a literary work that considers the nuanced realities of female sexual experience. [Tajja Isen]