TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- Zora Neale Hurston’s Barracoon went unpublished for 87 years because she wouldn’t compromise. [Electric Lit]
- USC’s gynecologist was accused of misconduct with young women for years, but the university continued to let him treat students. [The Los Angeles Times]
- What is happening to “queer cinema” as LGBT films become more mainstream? [Vulture]
- On the rise of the victims’-rights movement. [The New Yorker]
- Michigan State settled with Larry Nassar’s victims for $500 million. [The Washington Post]
Get this weekday roundup in your inbox.