TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- We’ve tried the Trump administration’s new plan to reduce teen pregnancies before, and it’s failed. [Quartz]
- HBO’s new Sharp Objects is your next Big Little Lies-esque obsession. [Vanity Fair]
- Alabama’s new Memorial for Peace and Justice is an important reminder of the terror of lynching. [The Augusta Chronicle]
- Nafissa Thompson-Spires on race, empathy, and the ethics of satire. [Lit Hub]
- “Involuntary celibates” aren’t victims, they’re violent misogynists. [Elle]
Get this weekday roundup in your inbox.