TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- Lawmakers have voted to effectively ban abortion in Alabama. [The New York Times]
- …and in the process, made it abundantly clear that they have absolutely no idea how human bodies work. [Medium]
- Lawmakers are claiming that the Alabama bill was passed in order to protect human rights, but here is the reality of motherhood in Alabama, by the numbers. [The Slot]
- Not all hope is lost, though. Some legal experts say that that anti-abortion legislators may have overplayed their hand with these extreme bills. [The New York Times]
- And the American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit yesterday officially challenging Ohio’s six-week ban on abortion, which was passed in April. [Buzzfeed News]
- What’s giving us hope today? Abortion funds have been bombarded with much-needed donations in light of the Alabama law. [The Daily Beast]
Want to get this roundup in your inbox, Monday through Friday? Join The Rage for $5 a month and we’ll see you via email tomorrow morning.