TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- CTE is ravaging men of color. Are you ready to boycott the NFL yet? [ESPN]
- Women have led many of the best horror films, including these 30. [Vulture]
- Personal essays aren’t dead—at least for writers of color. [The Walrus]
- Cardi B. may overtake Taylor Swift on the Billboard 100 chart, just as the ancestors intended. [Vulture]
- Legendary journalist Lillian Ross has died. Her work will live on forever. [The New Yorker]
- Pop music stans aren’t crazy. They’re just obsessively passionate. [BuzzFeed Reader]
- Jessica Williams is getting her own TV show—and no, it’s not The Daily Show. [Deadline]
Get this weekday roundup in your inbox.
DO IT FOR BITCH!
You gotta see this pencil set because when you get one, you’re doing something that’s essential: Funding our fiercely independent feminist response to pop culture. We’re a nonprofit—fundraising is the only way Bitch exists. Click here to get your free set with a new membership ($5/month!) or subscription (less than $25!). No seriously! We’ve gotta raise $65,000 by September 30! Click that link!