TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- Remembering Donyale Luna, the model who broke barriers as Vogue’s first Black cover girl. [Vice]
- Costume design Ruth E. Carter on dressing the women of Black Panther as queens. [The Cut]
- Lingering threats of Jim Crow-era racial violence make some Black Americans afraid to explore their own country. [The Washington Post]
- How Amazon is hurting poor cities. [The Atlantic]
- The Trump administration wants to further restrict what food SNAP recipients can get. [NPR]
Get this weekday roundup in your inbox.