Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: September 21st
• Wow, here is some very interesting breaking witch news. [Broadly]
• Decoding the sexism in the Brangelina breakup-devastation news. [The Mary Sue]
• Self care, baths, and Stranger Things! [The Cut]
• Oh my goodness, Marley Dias! First she brought us #1000BlackGirlBooks. Now she’s bringing us Marley Mag, a digital mini-mag for ELLE.com. Also, she’s eleven. [ELLE]
• Need some Smyle For Women?
• From Bitch contributor s.e. smith (more on this topic linked below!): “Since I write about disability from the perspective of a disabled person who is also concerned with systemic institutional oppression, I view the subject through the lens of the social model, which foregrounds autonomy, pride, dignity, and inclusion.”
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Teaching the next generation about Poly Styrene, Aung San Suu Kyi, indigenous activists, and amazing scientists!
• From s.e. smith: “Much of my struggle with the film Margarita, with a Straw comes down to an issue that’s being widely discussed in the United States at the moment: Who should play disability?”
• “I was nervous to come out to my parents, but I was infuriated by pundits who kept saying Islam and LGBT identity are at odds.”
• Hillary Clinton’s pneumonia shows why sick leave is a feminist issue.