TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- The fight at Standing Rock is not over. [Esquire]
- Valentina’s downfall on Rupaul’s Drag Race revealed some ugly truths. [Buzzfeed]
- The National Book Foundation’s 5 under 35 are all women! [The Cut]
- What can laughter do for social justice? [The Establishment]
- Only thirty people came to Milo Yiannoloupos’s Berkeley rally. [Mother Jones]
Get this weekday roundup in your inbox.
DO IT FOR BITCH!
You gotta see this pencil set because when you get one, you’re doing something that’s essential: Funding our fiercely independent feminist response to pop culture. We’re a nonprofit—fundraising is the only way Bitch exists. Click here to get your free set with a new membership ($5/month!) or subscription (less than $25!). No seriously! We’ve gotta raise $65,000 by September 30! Click that link!
- Help the victims of Mexico’s devastating earthquake. [Remezcla]
- Call your senators ASAP and tell them how you feel about the Graham-Cassidy bill. [U.S. Senate]
- Can’t get in touch with your family in Puerto Rico? Here’s what you can do. [ABC]
YESTERDAY FROM BITCH
- Selena remains one of the most important musicians of all time. [Emilly Prado]
- Women athletes are at the forefront of political activism. [Britni de la Cretaz]
- Afternoon Snatch offers a world where nonbinary characters aren’t defending their right to exist, but simply are. [Ashley Ray-Harris]
- She’s teaching one of UCLA’s most anticipated classes. [Dianca London Potts]