Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: September 15th
• Today is Native American women’s equal pay day, which is the day that the wages of American Indian and Alaska Native women “catch up” to the money that white men took home last year. How long was that “catch up” time? Nine months.
• And we have our Meg Murry, Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which! [The Los Angeles Times]
• On Alicia Keys and #nomakeup. [The New York Times]
• Forbes released its annual list of the world’s highest-paid TV actresses, and of the 15 women recognized this year, four were women of color. That’s the highest number ever. [Fusion]
• After a hunger strike beginning on September 9th, Army officials have informed Chelsea Manning that they will provide her with gender transition surgery. [Buzzfeed]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Hundreds of indigenous activists camped out at Sacred Stone are ready to give everything to protect the land and water.
• We already know that Trump loathes debates and will do anything to weasel out of them.
• We’re pulling some treasures from our archive, including this terrific piece about being a Black feminist metalhead.