Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
•The most overlooked and underrated characters in Get Out are Black women. [Medium]
• Daniela Vargas, a 22-year old woman who was detained after speaking out publicly about ICE targeting her family, was released. “Community organizing… is what led to this moment.” [Remezcla]
• “We can speak for ourselves.” A trans woman’s thoughts on Chimamanda Adichie. [Twitter]
• “The work of abstracting a person into a patient is women’s work—it only appears, at first, to be the work of machines.” [Guernica]
• Send a postcard for the Ides of Trump.
• Moonlight offers the audience something beautiful and rare: depictions of familial, platonic, and romantic love between Black men.
• The final installment in love letters to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.