Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: September 20th
• Check out this great interview with longtime Bitch contributor Aya de Leon. [Los Angeles Review of Books]
• The United States has a massive global influence on politics—including a big influence on women’s rights. [The Establishment]
• Queer women took over the 2016 Emmys! [Autostraddle]
• Guess what? Publishing is still very white! [Flavorwire]
• Cheerleaders at Howard University took a knee during the national anthem. [Colorlines]
• So Disney’s Moana Halloween costume is just full-body brownface. [Fusion]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• The founder of Families for Justice as Healing talks about the realities of life in prison for moms.
• Boston techno trio Miss Geo makes a strong case for the argument that new technologies actually mean new and different ways to connect.
• Our Global Feminism writing fellow Maneo Mohale will be exploring the possibilities, limitations, and interpretations of Black feminist magic in South Africa.