TODAY’S MUST-READ NEWS AND ANALYSIS
- Apparently now is the right time for a Lord of the Flies remake—starring an all-girl cast—written by two men. [Vulture]
- Trump is cleary developing a propaganda state. Here’s how. [The New Republic]
- Goodbye Islamophobic Alt-Right children’s book. See ya never. [AV Club]
- Is it time for you to join the #LawrenceHive? Maybe! Maybe not! But you should definitely know about it. [The Cut]
- There are five types of “Becky.” [The Root]
- The New York Times is endorsing cultural appropriation and we wish we were surprised. [Jezebel]
- Wait, what did Eric Trump just say? [Raw Story]
- Share this community advisory on what to do if the DACA program ends (in English, Spanish, and Chinese). [Immigration Legal Resource Center]
- How to donate money and other aid to communities of color as well as folks in the trans community in Houston. [Colorlines] [Trans Advocate]
- Pass around this Harvey resource guide to anyone who needs it.
YESTERDAY FROM BITCH
- Next up for our Feminists United To Combat Kakistocracy in Trump Times List, aka, FUCK ITT? In the name of free speech, let’s get real. [Lisa Factora-Borchers]
- Dear Philly[dot]com: This isn’t about “paying the price for [the] breakdown of this country’s bourgeois culture.“ It’s about racism. [Dahlia-Grossman-Heinze]
- Music to dance, sweat, and feel your way through an entire evening. [Channelle Adams]
- America only tolerates The Bachelor/The Bachelorette’s poly behavior because it is temporary. [adrienne maree brown]
GOOD STUFF FROM THE HQ
- How is TODAY already the VERY LAST DAY to apply for our Fellowships for Writers program? Apply now!
- If you’re not taking advantage of our student discount, aka, a 15 percent discount on Bitch magazine for anyone who is actively learning, aka, you, then you’re missing out. Use the code EDU2017 at checkout and get this award-winning mag in your actual mailbox.