• The Oscar nominations came out this morning. The list includes lots of love for dude-centric films The Revenant and The Martian, while Carol got snubbed for Best Picture and Best DIrector nods. [Entertainment Weekly]
• #OscarsSoWhite: “The only Academy nods for two of the year’s biggest films about African-American characters went to white people.” [NY Times]
• Since Roe v. Wade, states have enacted a whopping 1,000 laws restricting access to abortion. AAAAAAAA! [Mother Jones]
• A new report shows Americans are willing to exchange our personal data for convenient technology—but we don't want to. [The Atlantic]
• Most Americans don't even have $1,000 in savings, so millions of “middle class” people are actuallysuper vulnerable if anything goes awry. [Salon]
• The rumors are over: Director Ryan Coogler will take on Marvel's Black Panther film.
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.