Here's all the news we're reading today:
• Protesters demanding racial equity shut down the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge yesterday, marking Martin Luther King Jr. Day with civil disobedience. [San Francisco Chronicle]
• In Minnesota, local activists say police aren't investigating a recent spate of cases where Native American women have been murdered or gone missing. [Guardian]
• Jada Pinkett Smith and Spike Lee are going to boycott the Oscars this year: “Begging for acknowledgement, or even asking, diminishes dignity, and diminishes power, and we are a dignified people, and we are powerful, and let's not forget it.” [LA Times]
• Check out this profile of comedian and actor Rachel Bloom, whose surreal series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend just won her a Golden Globe. [New York Times]
• A legal loophole in California allows nurses to receive education from anti-choice Christian groups. [RH Reality Check]
• One in three women will get an abortion in her lifetime. Today, Advocates for Youth is hosting an all-day abortion speakout sharing honest abortion stories. Check out the livestream here. [Bitch]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.