Hey hey, it's Wednesday. To get On Our Radar in your inbox every day, sign up at the link under this post.
• Samantha Bee premiered her talk show “Full Frontal” Monday night. It’s the only late-night show with a female host—a reminder of how sexism keeps so many funny women from getting hired for so long. [The Atlantic]
• Preceding the New Hampshire primaries, a gay man in New Hampshire asked Marco Rubio, “Why do you want to put me back in the closet?” Rubio responded that he didn’t BUT still thought marriage should only be “between one man and one woman.” Didn’t see that one coming! [Advocate]
• Sad news: MarShawn M. McCarrel II, a prominent #BlackLivesMatter activist, committed suicide in front of the Ohio statehouse Monday night. One of his last tweets read: “If we don't have to live through hell just to get to heaven. I’ma stay right here with you.” [The Root]
• And in further depressing #BlackLivesMatter news, police kill yet another unarmed, black teen: 17-year-old David Joseph. [The Daily Beast]
• Panic over the Zika virus often ignores the fact that Brazilians don’t have the right to get safe, legal abortions. A 2010 survey found that 20 percent of Brazilian women have had an abortion—the majority of which were illegal and unsafe. [NY Times]
• Texas courts indicted anti-abortion extremist David Daleidan for filming videos of Planned Parenthood representatives, but the state still won’t stop investigating Planned Parenthood. [NPR]