We made it to Friday! ::tiny victory dance::
• A 24-year-old sexual assault survivor is the driving force behind a new federal bill that would create and guarantee national standards for dealing with rape kits. [Guardian]
• Today’s wage gap factoid: Across years of research, women who have never lived with a male partner make more money than women who have.
• Tumblr is a wealth of teen girls’ humor and insights—and that is wonderful. [New Republic]
• Black-ish recently aired an episode about a family discussion on race and the criminal justice system, an all-too-rare event for network TV.
• And for your heart-warming pleasure: Seven female friendships on TV that have nothing to do with men. [The Mary Sue]
We want to hear from our community about what we should be covering this week! Share your thoughts and we'll talk about your ideas at our editorial meeting this week.