Today is Super Tuesday!
• Few people ever hear about the remarkable women—several of whom were black—that crunched the numbers for the early U.S. space missions. Taraji P. Henson will be playing the history-making genuis Katherine Johnson in a new biopic. [Thought Catalog]
• This is happening again: Another GOP legislator has argued that rape does not cause pregnancy. [Salon]
• Everything you need to know about what happened at the Oscars. [Feministing]
• The best female surfer in Brazil was refused sponsorship deals because she wasn’t considered pretty enough. [BBC]
• A new Texas policy violates Title IX by discriminating against transgender athletes. [Think Progress]
• This new video from the ACLU highlights the absurdity of and outrage over some politicians' efforts to restrict access to abortion—hilariously. [ACLU]
We want to hear from our community about what we should be covering this week! Share your thoughts and we'll talk about your ideas at our editorial meeting this week.