We're halfway through the week! Happy Wednesday!
• Looking for book recommendations? 12 women of color authors you need to know this year. [Bustle]
• Diana Nyad swam from Cuba to Key West, Florida, a distance of 111 miles, in 53 hours at the age of 64—becoming the first person to swim that stretch of ocean without a shark cage. Her new book Find a Way shows Nyad in her groove. [Fit and Feminist]
• Venus Williams on why she’s returning to Indian Wells 15 years after she and Serena Williams were booed and verbally harassed there. [The Players' Tribune]
• 50 ways to deal with the aftereffects of trauma. [Autostraddle]
• Watching Samantha Bee demolish Texas State Rep. Dan Flynn, one of the architects of the Texas anti-abortion law that the Supreme Court will decide on this week, is great and cathartic. [Vox]
We want to hear from our community about what we should be covering this week! Share your thoughts and we'll talk about your ideas at our editorial meeting this week.