Friday, Friday, Friday!
• Ibadan-born, London-raised author Helen Oyeyemi on her new book. [Broadly]
• When will mainstream media be ready for quirky, brown love? [Huffington Post]
• After an investigation last year revealed thousands of untested rape evidence kits nationwide, at least 20 states are pursuing reforms to their rape kit testing processes. [USA Today]
• Every time Emily Temple-Wood receives a harassing email, she creates a new biography of a woman scientist on Wikipedia. [Wikimedia]
• What a woman’s right to choose under apartheid looks like. [The Establishment]
We want to hear from our community about what we should be covering this week! Share your thoughts and we'll talk about your ideas at our editorial meeting this week.