• For women incarcerated in America, practicing proper menstrual hygiene is almost impossible. These women are often supplied with an inadequate amount of pads—or denied feminine hygiene products altogether. [Broadly.]
• A new bill could abolish the current California statute of limitations in sexual assault cases. [Ms.]
• This is big—The New York Times editorial board on the state assault against Planned Parenthood. [The New York Times]
• Curious about what the Supreme Court just did in Zubik v. Burwell and what it might mean? We’ve got you covered. [ThinkProgress]
• This is also big—a new federal lawsuit is challenging the recently passed North Carolina law that nullified local LGBT rights ordinances and restricted transgender people’s access to restrooms. The American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU of North Carolina, Lambda Legal, and Equality North Carolina are all backing the litigation. [Buzzfeed]
We want to hear from our community about what we should be covering this week! Share your thoughts and we'll talk about your ideas at our editorial meeting this week.