Happy Monday—here's to a great week!
• While researching her new book, Girls & Sex, Peggy Orenstein interviewed more than 70 young women between the ages of 15 and 20 about their attitudes, experiences, and desires. [NPR]
• New York just finalized the nation’s strongest and most comprehensive bill mandating paid-family-leave time for most employees. Congratulations, New York! [The Cut]
• Patriarchy thrives on the concept of the “basic bitch”—when will the term die? [The Establishment]
• Only 22 percent of plays produced in the United States are written by women—The List is trying to change that. [Ms.]
• Learn more about these 10 Black and undocumented LGBTQIA+ activists who are fighting for change. [Black Girl Dangerous]
• On endometriosis, hysteria, and diagnosis. [Guts]
We want to hear from our community about what we should be covering this week! Share your thoughts and we'll talk about your ideas at our editorial meeting this week.