Happy, happy, happy Friday!
• Congratulations to Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna—she was admitted to every single Ivy League School! [Colorlines]
• Yes! The American Civil Liberties Union and Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky are suing the state of Indiana over its recently signed abortion law, saying it is unconstitutional. [AP]
• New documents show that 19 employees of UC Berkeley, including six faculty members, have violated the university’s sexual harassment conduct code since 2011. [The Guardian]
• Raquel de Anda is using interactive art to take on police brutality. [Remezcla]
• Lots of questions still remain about Gynnya McMillen’s in-custody death at a youth facility in Kentucky. [Rewire]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Author and tech entrepreneur Tarah Wheeler Van Vlack explores the reasons behind gender disparity in the technology workforce.
• The treatment of Kesha’s case against Sony shows a dark side of our culture.
• There's a strong taboo against women becoming sushi chefs. But that didn't stop Mikiko Ando.
• In this episode of Popaganda, three female chefs discuss racism & sexism in the kitchen… plus snacks!