Have a great Monday!
• Meet the queer women shaping Chicago’s Black Lives Matter movement. [Chicago Reader]
• Could it be? But I’m a Cheerleader might become a musical! [Flavorwire]
• Amazing—the history of femslash. [io9]
• Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf is going to sign an executive order to protect LGBT state employees—directly in response to North Carolina’s antigay law. [Advocate]
• One of the largest ever analyses of film dialogue from 2,000 screenplays broken down by gender and age reveals something we already knew—white men dominate movie roles. But what else was uncovered? [Polygraph]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Listen to this rad BitchTapes when you need to take a break and take a walk in the sunshine.
• Sex + Shakespeare = the insightful new memoir Sex with Shakespeare: Here's Much to Do with Pain, but More with Love.
• Debating politics face-to-face with neighbors is a weird—but exhilarating—part of our democracy.