• This Equal Pay Day, tear down any argument that women are paid less because they choose to be paid less with these myth-busters. [Bustle]
• And here’s a photo for the next time someone says there are no women in comedy. [Vulture]
• What it’s like being a working mother of two in the only industrialized country without paid maternity leave. [The Atlantic]
• The Guardian launched a new series investigating internet abuse and harassment—and kicked it off by starting with their own site. [The Guardian]
• Videos of students being assaulted by teachers or school employees are spreading awareness of the way some students are treated in school—especially when those school employees are white and the student population is predominantly black and Hispanic. [ThinkProgress]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• The Atlanta punk trio The Coathangers formed to play parties—but 10 years later, they're still going strong.
• On Equal Pay Day, let’s discuss how trans people face all kinds of wage discrimination. In most states, it's legal to fire someone for their gender identity. On top of that, trans women often see their salaries drop after they transition. But these facts often go undiscussed in conversations about the wage gap.
• A new data analysis breaks down films based on their genre, year they were made, and gender representation.
• Great read from the archives: Let's Get Digital: The Prejudices—and the Potential—of Gaming and Erotic Roleplaying.