• Hurray! President Obama designated the Sewall-Belmont House a national monument. Suffragette Alice Paul wrote the Equal Rights Amendment there. [Medium]
• In what states do women have the most and the least political representation? [NPR]
• This history of the terrible trope of “wily women” being spanked into obedience by men is fascinating. [Jezebel]
• The New York Times asked female architects among its readers to talk about their experiences in the profession. Here are excerpts from some of the 200 responses they received. [The New York Times]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Food isn’t simple. These five zines tell stories that connect food, family, and identity.
• You can have as non-traditional a wedding as you want, says Bear, but some people will still be frustratingly terrible people.
• Author Sarah McCarry discusses her book About a Girl, a coming-of-age story centering on a queer teen.