• Bitch Media cofounder Andi Zeisler on marketplace feminism and feminism’s skyrocketing profile. [Time]
• Lupita Nyong'o writes about the Broadway play Eclipsed and the freedom of playing a fully rendered African woman. [Lenny]
• What’s the one thing ballerina Misty Copeland said her Barbie had to have? [Colorlines]
• A Washington doctor who performs abortions filed a federal civil rights complaint this week. She’s arguing that the hospital where she works violated the law by forbidding her to speak publicly in defense of abortion and its role in health care. [The New York Times]
• Why isn’t childbirth depicted in fiction more often? [Slate]
• Mallory Ortberg on writing, publishing, and bodies that are “hard to look at.” [The Toast]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Priyanka Chopra is making waves as the star in the ABC drama Quantico. At the same time, the character is stripped of cultural identifiers of her Indianness.