• Tune into First Time, a podcast about the first time guests got their period, a topic that’s bound to elicit great stories. [Ms.]
• Married women are less happy than single women, less happy than their husbands, less eager than men to marry, they’re more likely to file for divorce and, when they do, they are happier as divorcees than they were when married (the opposite is true for men), and they are more likely than men to prefer never to remarry. So why do we think the opposite is true? [Sociological Images]
• Ugh. GLAAD’s fourth annual Studio Responsibility Index found 17.5% of 2015’s 126 major studio releases included LGBT characters. That percentage is up exactly zero points from last year. [Autostraddle]
• This week’s trending #whitewashedOUT was created by Margaret Cho and The Nerds Of Color in response to Scarlett Johansson and Tilda Swinton's controversial casting as originally Asian characters in two major studio films. [Colorlines]
• Yes! Roxane Gay on Lemonade. [The Guardian]
• Dayna Troisi on self-discovery and friendship at “amp camp.” [Jezebel]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Check out this excerpt from the new book We Were Feminists Once: From Riot Grrrl to CoverGirl©, the Buying and Selling of a Political Movement, by Bitch Media cofounder Andi Zeisler!
• Need something to send for Mamas Day? We’ve got you covered.
• What is it like to breastfeed while in immigrant detention?