Happy Monday! Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
• Kesha’s performance at the Billboard Music Awards last night was brave and beautiful. [Yahoo]
• Ijeoma Oluo responds to a recent xoJane piece about mental illness. [The Establishment]
• Serial rapist ex-cop Daniel Holtzclaw says one of his accusers wasn’t “credible in society” in a new interview. [Jezebel]
• On social media, Anita Hill, and diffusion of power. [Quartz]
• The suicide rate at Corona's California Institution for Women is more than eight times the national rate for women behind bars. It is currently at 130 percent capacity. [Rewire]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• To imply that trans women pose a threat to cisgender women in restrooms is misinformation that preys on unfounded fears.
• The ESPN series 30 for 30 is excellent—but covers almost only dudes. Here are some female athletes they should feature.
• In this BitchTape: a choir of ladies to cheer you on—no apologies needed.