Happy Monday! Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
• In honor of Menstrual Hygiene Day, here’s a whole bunch of pieces on the politics of periods. [The Establishment]
• Three absolutely amazing women stepped in when they saw a man roofie a woman at a bar. [ELLE]
• For her first story as part of the Fox TV show Crime Watch Daily, Elizabeth Smart covered sexual assault at her alma mater, Brigham Young University. [Jezebel]
• Jennifer Kent, the writer-director of The Babadook, is working on a new film about Australia's violent colonial history and another based on the book Alice + Freda Forever! Sounds so great. [The Guardian]
• Melissa McCarthy has some words for the dudes who hate Ghostbusters. [Fusion]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• This week on our feminism and pop culture podcast Backtalk: Burning down the patriarchy in Game of Thrones.
• Keepers of the Game blends a traditional sports-film narrative with issues of identity, history, and assimilation.
• In this BitchTape: Slip on your sequins and straighten your bowties!