Happy Tuesday! Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
• Here's Brock Turner's actual mugshot taken the night he was arrested. [Jezebel]
• At a film festival, director Ava DuVernay said, “It’s incumbent upon us, women film-makers, film-makers of color, to track our own legacy. This patriarchy is often shocked when a black film does well, or shocked when a film directed by a woman does well. That strips away the legacy from where that film-maker comes from.” and other great things. [The Guardian]
• Everything you need to know about the misogynist X-Men: Apocalypse promotional campaign. [The Establishment]
• Check out the new episode of Feminist Frequency on impractical and sexualizing outfits in video games. [Feminist Frequency]
• The White House released a video announcing The United State of Women Summit featuring FLOTUS. The summit is scheduled for June 14 and its core focus will be eliminating structural sexism! [Colorlines]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• We feature new music from female-fronted bands every Monday. This week, check out the sweet sounds of The Cabin Project.
• Bringing you up to speed on the Stanford rape letter you've been reading about.