Yeay Friday! Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
• “Pray away the gay” facilities still exist and a recent GoFundMe campaign has raised more than $60,000 to help a teen leave Heartlight Ministries Boarding School in Hallsville, Texas, which bills itself as “a destination for teens to heal and grow.” [The New Civil Rights Movement]
• Have you gotten into the adult coloring book trend? What about the adult adult coloring book trend? Check out this new NSFW erotic coloring book featuring scenes focused on female pleasure. [Fusion]
• On politics, pop culture, and female ambition. [The Atlantic]
• Watch singer-songwriter Jamila Woods deliver a gorgeous ode to #BlackGirlMagic. [Colorlines]
• So obsessed with this video of the amazing Jessie Graff crushing it on American Ninja Warrior. [Refinery 29]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Trump is good at marketing sexism, racism, and homophobia as “nostalgia.”
• This week on our feminism and pop culture podcast Backtalk: how gender and race impact who's seen as “likeable.”
• From Wedding Crashers to 40 Days and 40 Nights, films often treat sexual assault of men as a punchline.