Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On our Radar: Monday, June 27
• Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar completely slayed last night at the BET Awards in a performance of their song “Freedom” that opened with a speech by Martin Luther King Jr. [Vulture]
• Today the Supreme Court is expected to announce an important decision on a 2013 Republican-backed abortion law in Texas. [Jezebel]
• Wow this is horrible: A Tennessee congressional candidate put up a campaign sign that actually read “Make America White Again.” [Colorlines]
• Bitch Media cofounder Andi Zeisler on panties as a stand-in for feminism. [Alternet]
• On the sociology of Brexit. [Sociological Images]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• This BitchTape is a mixtape of music that starts sweet and ends sexy.
• This isn't abstract politics—the constant threat of deportation has real, human consequences.
• Refugees should be welcomed. Instead, they've been turned into xenophobic political fodder.