Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: Wednesday, July 13th
• Here’s a fascinating piece on Diane Arbus. [The Cut]
• unREAL, the Lifetime series satirizing The Bachelor, focused on abuse and assault in its most recent episode. [The Atlantic]
• #UnbornLivesMatter is a thing now. [ThinkProgress]
• Black women talk sex, self-care, and illness. [Rewire]
• Activists across the country are working to bring greater attention and accountability around those being continuously lost to police violence. [Autostraddle]
• “White feminists have an unequivocal responsibility to condemn racist violence against black people and other people of color, to challenge systemic racism, and to root out discourses which use sexual assault to justify racism and racist violence.” [Feministing]
Here's what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Surviving as a Black and queer person in a culture built on violence.
• In Latinx communities, safe and welcoming queer spaces like Pulse are far too rare.
• The new series Kim & Kim is a bit like Tank Girl meets Cowboy Bebop, with a dash of Broad City.