Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: Thursday, July 14th
• This video of celebrities listing #23Ways you could be killed in America if you are Black is incredible, haunting, and a must-see. [Mic]
• Ballerina heroine Misty Copeland is going to be in Disney’s live-action The Nutcracker and the Four Realms as lead ballerina. [The Mary Sue]
• Ew, Forever 21. [Cosmopolitan]
• Kate McKinnon is a “pansexual beast,” but we can’t talk about whether her character in Ghostbusters is queer? [The Daily Beast]
• This is brilliant: Folks are changing their names to #BlackLivesMatter when they order at Starbucks. [Clutch]
• Aztec dancers joined a #BlackLivesMatter protest in Minnesota, and the photographs are so beautiful and powerful. [Remezcla]
• So much congrats to Carla Hayden, the first woman and the first African American to serve as Librarian of Congress! [Time]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• “The Pulse shooting was everything I feared when I worked in a Florida gay bar. But we won’t cave to violence.”
• In a new Some of Us Are Brave column: Black people are fed up. But privilege dictates that we will keep dying until white America is fed up, too.
• Love Between the Covers highlights a community that’s often unfairly maligned.