Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: August 2nd
• The Amy Winehouse Foundation is partnering with a housing non-profit to open a facility for women recovering from addiction. [ThinkProgress]
• A new study found that men’s favorite source to cite is…themselves! [The Washington Post]
• More than 27 million Latinx are now eligible to vote! Time to use those numbers to help determine who takes office and what abortion policies they enact. [Rewire]
• A judge in Kentucky got furious and took action when she learned a woman was denied pants and menstrual products while in jail. [Elle]
• The Texas A&M football program held an $80/plate presentation for women about football that was—who knew—sexist and mansplainy. [Cosmopolitan]
• Today in masculinity so fragile: Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, says he was emasculated by the DNC. [Wonkette]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• The Indian American vocalist Sonia Rao has a new upbeat ode to loving yourself.
• The webseries Her Story, about the romantic lives of queer & trans women in LA, was just nominated for an Emmy.
• “Hillary Clinton is never gonna win my heart. But she is gonna win my vote.”