Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: August 3rd
• Oh no, sexy Ghostbusters costumes are already upon us! [The Mary Sue]
• Kesha has dropped her California lawsuit against Dr. Luke, but she’s still pursuing legal action in New York. The musician has delivered 28 songs in the hopes that she’ll be able to release an album soon. [Pitchfork]
• You’ve probably seen Tuesday Bassen’s amazing pins and patches all over the place. So did retailer Zara, who copied them. [The Cut]
• Happy birthday to James Baldwin! The writer and pioneer would have turned 92 yesterday. [Colorlines]
• Here’s everything we know so far about Korryn Gaines, a 23-year-old mother who was fatally shot by Baltimore County police officers Monday. [The Root]
• As if you couldn’t guess, the Trump family has very wrong and unhelpful ideas about sexual harassment. [ThinkProgress]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Big corporations and startups alike have realized that it’s cheaper and easier to subcontract labor than to employ people.
• Policing the length of shorts and skirts takes girls out of class. But Portland Public Schools just passed a student-written dress code they hope will be a model for the nation.