Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: August 5th
• POTUS says, “This is what a feminist looks like.” [Glamour]
• Reveal, from the Center for Investigative Reporting, just launched a new fellowship for writers of color. Learn more and apply! [Reveal]
• A new investigative report details how USA Gymnastics (the sport’s national governing body that also develops the U.S. Olympic team) failed to protect gymnasts and alert authorities to allegations of sexual abuse by coaches. [IndyStar]
• What is going on in these terrible Sprite ads? [Jezebel]
• “Non compliance is not an unreasonable response to oppression. Murder is an unreasonable response to non compliance.” [Black Girl Dangerous]
• Check out these eight pro-choice posters from Chile. [Ms.]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• “This summer, I’m attending a first-ever workshop for all trans women. Having that space is so, so important.”
• The new female-fronted band Sex Stains sings about mansplaining and misogyny with merciless energy.
• In this episode of Popaganda: just in time for the Olympics, sports and capitalism!