Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: August 19th
• Need some movie suggestions? Watch this movie mixtape highlighting the queer Latinx experience. [Remezcla]
• All of them witches! Check out this super witchy roundup. [Autostraddle]
• The Justice Department is going to phase out private prisons! [Colorlines]
• The band Fea is Latina punk at its finest. [NPR]
• A new report from the National Women’s Law Center shows how women of color lose hundreds of thousands of dollars because of the wage gap. [The Guardian]
• A man wrote to Sara Benincasa to ask why she’d gained weight. Here’s her delightful response. [Medium]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• From MuslimGirl: Women should be able to wear what they want to the beach.
• If the Supreme Court and the DOJ won’t protect us, we’ll have to protect each other.
• A new Popaganda digs into the fact that our voting system is man-made. Like, literally written by men.
• For many people with disabilities, there are huge barriers in getting to the polls—but they can be solved.