Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: August 23rd
• Beyoncé has released behind-the-scenes photos from Lemonade, let us bask in their glory. [Refinery 29]
• A bill that would remove the time limit on prosecuting rape cases in California passed the assembly unanimously; it will now move on to the Senate where it has pretty good chances of also passing. [The Cut]
• As long as this keeps happening, we’ll keep calling it out: Another star high school athlete accused of sexual assault was given probation rather than prison time. [Fusion]
• This project to create an illustrated book and poster of the women who won gold medals at the Rio Olympics is so cool.
• Why a federal judge in Texas blocked the Obama administration’s guidelines on trans students. [The Atlantic]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Schumer can hang out with Metzger on her own time, but if we want to watch her show without abetting rape culture, Schumer needs to provide us with a show that doesn’t have Kurt Metzger in it.
• With an excellent cast and excellent creative talent behind the scenes, I Love Dick seems like it’s headed for success, regardless of how closely (or not) it resembles its original inspiration.