Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: August 24th
• How much Tegan and Sara is too much Tegan and Sara? Is there an answer to this question? [Autostraddle]
• Four months after white women closed their wage gap, yesterday was Black Women’s Equal Pay Day. [Mic]
• Santigold + Kara Walker = “a shadow-puppet-driven, multicolor dance video!” [The Cut]
• Nine hours and three emergency rooms for a rape kit is totally infuriating. [Cosmopolitan]
• Seems like Stanford agrees with Brock Turner that “party culture” is to blame for campus sexual assault. The university has banned hard alcohol on campus. [The Atlantic]
• Amazing: Gossip as an act of resistance. [Feministing]
• Etsy suspended a jewelry shop that sold tampon charm bracelets and gleaming bloodstain brooches because they’re “inappropriate.” [The Establishment]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• Ezra Furman thinks deeply about feelings, feminism, and saxophone riffs.
• Threadbare is an ambitious, eye-opening, muckraking investigation into the “fast fashion” industry.