Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: August 25th
• This is true: The University of Kentucky would rather take its student paper to court than release documents detailing a professor’s alleged sexual assault against two students. [Buzzfeed]
• Eat a taco, drink a beer, and support abortion access. Intrigued? [Feministing]
• Police at a beach in Nice made a woman remove clothing while her daughter cried because of recent burkini bans. Her ticket read that she was not wearing “an outfit respecting good morals and secularism.” [The Guardian]
• Rape is never “a mistake.” [Cosmopolitan]
• The attacks against Leslie Jones are vile, and they haven’t stopped. [The New York Times]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• If you’ve been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this generation’s Tammy Wynette, you’ll be pleased to know that the wait is finally over with Margo Price.
• Take My Wife is an exciting addition to a growing roster of TV shows that feature great comedians who reflect the diversity of the scene.