Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: September 6th
• Ahh! As of yesterday, Serena Williams has more Grand Slam wins than any tennis player ever. [Cosmopolitan]
• On the enduring appeal of The Baby-Sitters Club. [Vulture]
• U.S. Women’s National Team star Megan Rapinoe kneeled during the national anthem before a NWSL game in solidarity with San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. [American Soccer Now]
• The New York Times editorial board says America’s maternal death record is unconscionable. [The New York Times]
• What’s going to happen during Bill Cosby’s pretrial today? [Buzzfeed]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• From our archives in celebration of Labor Day: Big corporations and startups alike have realized that it’s cheaper and easier to subcontract labor than to employ people.
• Young feminist women of color are fighting to transform the economic status of women—and they are succeeding.