Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: September 7th
• Gretchen Carlson’s sexual harassment suit against ex-Fox News CEO Roger Ailes has been settled to the tune of $20 million. [Vanity Fair]
• A new study shows that women ask for raises as often as men—they just don’t get them. [Quartz]
• The Nepantleras are fighting back against the stereotype that only white people enjoy nature. [Fusion]
• On Lena Dunham and the virtuous white woman trope. [Equality for Her]
• Brock Turner officially registered as a sex offender this week, which he’ll have to do every 90 days for the rest of his life. [The Washington Post]
• Smash the patriarchy with Feminist Fight Club! [Flavorwire]
• On sex and Stranger Things. [Salon]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• From Some of us are Brave columnist Tamara Winfrey Harris, a conversation on sexuality, respectability, and Black girlhood.
• In Oh Joy Sex Toy, why you should just say no to douching.
• From our Pop Culture Criticism Fellow Catherine Young: It’s worth considering that rebooted franchises offer the chance to make familiar and beloved stories more accessible to diverse audiences.
• Let us solve your netiquette woes and we might feature your question in an upcoming issue of Bitch!