Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: September 8th
• These photos of Laverne Cox paying homage to Beyoncé, Tina Turner, and Tracey Africa are, of course, powerful, gorgeous, and amazing. [Cosmopolitan]
• WTF! A crisis pregnancy center in West Texas is teaching sex ed in public schools. [The Atlantic]
• Sia’s new music video is a tribute to the 49 victims of the horrific Orlando shooting at Pulse nightclub. [Elle]
• Simone Biles has a book coming out this fall! [Ebony]
• Twenty-two asylum-seeking mothers detained inside Pennsylvania’s Berks County Residential Center have resumed their hunger strike after ICE intimidation. [Rewire]
• On the Dakota Access Pipeline Resistance and staying in the game. [Indian Country Today]
• Phyllis Schlafly → Anne Coulter & Kellyanne Conway. [Jezebel]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• The Standing Sioux’s pipeline protest is part of a long history of indigenous-led environmental protests.
• Star Trek is perfectly ripe for social justice and disability representation.
• From Some of us Are Brave columnist Tamara Winfrey Harris: Gabourey Sidibe won’t give entertainment media the weight-loss story they want, so some grimy, D-list websites are willing to make one up.