Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: September 9th
• The largest prison strike in US history is planned for today. [The Nib]
• Tim Gunn says, “Designers refuse to make clothes to fit American women. It’s a disgrace.” Bravo, Tim! (Pun intended!) [The Washington Post]
• Get ready to get so mad: One of the hackers who helped to expose the 2013 Steubenville rape case cover-up is facing more jail time than the actual convicted rapists in the case—16 years versus one and two years! [Complex]
• Here’s a look inside Stanford’s terrible and victim-blaming alcohol policy. [The Establishment]
• “Soy Yo” is an uplifting ode to little Brown girls everywhere! [Remezcla]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• This week’s Backtalk is about big feelings on activist athletes.
• Hidden Figures explores a history that’s long been overlooked.
• When a media outlet is actually shaping the very face of a political party, what happens there matters acutely.