• As movements like #BlackLivesMatter become more visible, Pete Souza asks if President Obama has done enough to support black Americans. [New York Magazine]
• Meanwhile, Rupert Murdoch says he longs for a “real Black president.” Yikes! [Washington Post]
• In this interview, Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards talks about the upcoming election. [Guardian]
• This month is breast cancer awareness month, but is all that awareness really saving lives? [Mother Jones]
• Tennessee’s fetal-assault bill, which has resulted in prison time for women who miscarried, is set to expire next year. But other states are considering similar laws. [Vice]
• The University Alabama has its very first Black homecoming candidate. The bad new is her sorority sisters are actively campaigning against her. [Fusion]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.