Hey it's Friday! Here's what we're reading about today:
• Have you been following the trial of former police officer Daniel Holtzclaw? Thirteen Black women say he assaulted them while on duty—if the victims were white, writes Kristen West Savali at The Root, everyone in the country would know his name. [The Root]
• The newest, moderately terrifying episode of WNYC show Note to Self looks at how cell phones have the ability to listen to our conversations and track us. [WNYC]
• This week, the Union for Reform Judaism unanimously passed a resolution calling on synagogues to make bathrooms gender neutral, train staffers on LGBT issues, and show support for the transgender community. [The Atlantic]
• Meanwhile, religious right groups are using gender neutral bathroom issues as a weapon against equality for trans people. [Think Progress]
• An all-female DJ collective in Brooklyn is looking to make inroads with the male-dominated scene. [NPR]
• On #myfatsexstory, people are sharing positive stories of fat, Black female sexuality. [Feministing]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.